The following issues regarding QuiltAlbum should be noted:
QuickTime Installation on PC Windows (including XP, Vista, and 7):
Certain QuiltAlbum functions depend on Apple Corporation's QuickTime being installed. QuickTime is available for both PC's and MACs. Whereas this now comes standard on many PCcomputers (and all MAC computers), it may not be installed on some PC computers. When launched on a PC, QuiltAlbum will detect if QuickTime is not installed and alert the user to various options, including downloading and installing QuickTime.
Without QuickTime installed the following functions will not operate:
- Downsizing: Large quilt images imported into QuiltAlbum are normally downsized to a more convenient size to avoid unnecessary growth in the size of QuiltAlbum. without QuickTime this functions is disabled, putting the burden on users to downsize their images prior to importing them into QuiltAlbum.
Rotation: QuiltAlbum provides the capability to rotate images after they are imported into QuiltAlbum. Although users may wish to do this for cosmetic reasons, the main reason is that occasionally some images imported directly from digital cameras are automatically rotated 90 degrees. If Rotation is disabled in QuiltAlbum, the user can avoid this problem opening and saving the image in another image processing program and re-saving it before importing it into QuiltAlbum.
- Export Images: The function that allows for the exporting of images will not operate without QuickTime being installed.
Quicktime can be downloaded form the Apple website.
Re-Activation Problem on PC WIndows (including XP, Vista, and 7) - Version 2.1 and lower:
QuiltAlbum normally only needs to be activated once while online: once activated it can be used offline or online with no re-activation.
However, some PC users of Versions 1, 2.0 and 2.1 who have already activated their copy of QuiltAlbum are occasionally asked to re-activate or re-register when launching QuiltAlbum when offline. This incorrect program behavior appears to be caused by conflicts with anti-virus software.
The solution is to upgrade to Version 2.2. We urge all PC users to upgrade.
Important note regarding MacOSX 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
Because of new Apple scurity requirements, users may encounter an installation problem when first installing QuiltAlbum under MacOSX 10.8 (Mountain Lion) Click here for a solution to this problem.
Important note regarding activation process for Versions 1.0 and 2.0
Because of a change to our activation server, it is necessary to upgrade to QuiltAlbum Version 2.2 to activate and register. Click here for instructions.
Avoid use of external network adapters when first activating.
When first activating QuiltAlbum, users should connect directly from their computer using their internal network adapters (Ethernet or wireless). Such external network adapters facilitate connections to the Internet when, for example, travelling where there are no wireless hot spots available. However, they can possibly lead to a requirement to re-activate later if they are installed or used when first activating. Once QuiltAlbum is activated, external adaptors can be used without any problem.
Moving QuiltAlbum to another computer:
Occasionally you need to move QuiltAlbum to another computer, including all the Quilts and other data you have entered. To accomplish this safely:
- Launch QuiltAlbum on your old computer. In the file menu at the top of your window, select File>Export File.. Follow the instructions for exporting a special file* that contains all your Quilt and other data. Save that file to a thumb drive or some other media you can use to transport it to your new computer.
- Once that file has been saved, select File>De-Activate from the file menu, and follow the instructions for de-activating QuiltAlbum on your new computer.
- Download the latest version of QuiltAlbum from the QuiltAlbum website (click here) onto your new computer and install it following the instructions. You will need your License Key to activate this new copy**.
- Once QuiltAlbum is installed on your new computer, insert your thumb drive (or other media) with the special data file on it. Select File>Import File from the file menu, and navigate to and select the special data file. Click OK and your Quilt data will automatically be imported into your new copy of QuiltAlbum.
* This special file cannot be used to launch QuiltAlbum. It can only be used for backup or as a means to transport data as described here.
If you are moving from Version 1 to Version 2 of QuiltAlbum the License Keys are identical except that the first three characters are QA2 instead of QA0.
Problem importing Categories when upgrading to Version 2.2:
If you have used Categories in an earlier version of QuiltAlbum, the settings may not import correctly when upgrading to Version 2.2. In particular, the names of the Categories themselves do not import.
However, if you re-enter your Category names
using Set Categories, all Quilts that were previously assigned a Category in earlier versions will now display the correct Category name. Thus you do not have to redo each Quilt separately, just re-enter the Category names with Set Categories.
Go to Products Page