How To Save and Show Off Your QuiltAlbum Contents!
It’s often nice to be able to share your QuiltAlbum with friends and family. One way to do this is to output the contents to an Adobe PDF file that can be opened by anyone with Acrobat Reader. For wider sharing, you can upload the file to Flickr, Facebook, Picasa or other services – you can even send it to your iPad so you can easily show it off at your quilt guild meetings.
How is this done? It’s a little easier easier on a Mac than a PC because all Macs have built in the ability to save to a PDF. If you own a PC and do not have Acrobat Professional installed, you will need to download and install a free (why pay for it when you don’t have to!) PDF writer such as CutePDF Writer – if you are interested, do it now before proceeding.
Once you have the this capability on your computer, follow these steps:
To save your QuiltAlbum PDF to your Facebook, follow these steps:
- Open your Facebook account
- Create a comment and attach the PDF file as a photo
- Presto - your album is on Facebook.
To save your QuiltAlbum PDF to your iPad, follow these steps:
- Email your PDF to yourself (or to whatever email address you have set up for your iPad) as an email attachment.
- Open your Emaill app on your iPad and navigate to the email you just sent yourself. You will see your QuiltAlbum PDF in the email as an attachment.
- Select the QuiltAlbum PDF with your finger and hold your finger down until a dialog box pops up asking you where you want to open it.
- Select “Open in “iBooks”. Your QuiltAlbum PDF will be installed automatically in the PDF section of your iBooks app Library – you’ll see it on the shelf! You can select and open it at any time to show it off to your friends and family!
- Now, that’s cool!